nursery tour.


Quinn's room was a labor of love in the literal sense by myself and so many people who love her. For now, I consider it complete, because I have no more projects in my back pocket. But that does not mean that I won't change my mind and add more and more! 

I should correct myself. I have decided to call this the 'baby room,' as Quinn is the resident for the time being, but should there be another child, Quinn gets to graduate to a big girl room, and K2 occupies this space. 

The tour begins now...

Quinn's changing table comes from an old friend. Initially, it was unfinished with wooden knobs. Aunt Tracy stained it black and added checkered knobs from Anthropologie. More on the art later. 
The chair. I love this chair. It used to be my Grandmother's rocking chair, and it used to be brown. Aunt Tracy spray painted it the most awesome color yellow. Giraffe from Target, gifted from Aunt Kat. The pillow and blanket can be custom made through Curly Hair Conspiracy.
Painting made by our friend Adam, and bean bag purchased for photography props, but ended up fitting perfectly in Quinn's room! The chevron blanket you see here was made with love by my friend Kristen.
See that extra door behind the bedroom door? That is the secret entrance to the next bedroom, where Quinn will move on up if K2 decides to become a reality. Wow, I really hate the color of those doors.
The ottoman was repurposed from an old ottoman/chair combo I had from Crate and Barrel. I found striped upholstery fabric online, took it apart, and then passed it onto Aunt Tracy to make beautiful. And that she did! That's Murphy on the bottom left. 
This very awesome elephant print was done by our friend Dan. Since making this one for Quinn, I have seen some other truly incredible animal paintings that he's done. He does them on brown paper bags, and they really are masterpieces!


hi!




The screenprints above were made by our friend Corinne. (Do you see a pattern here?) Both prints are mantras from Sathya Sai Baba, Neel's family guru. (He was raised Hindu.) You might recognize the "Love All Serve All" as Hard Rock Cafe's corporate motto. That is because one of the co-founders of the Hard Rock, Isaac Tigrett, was a devoted follower of Sai Baba. 


Vintage blocks purchased off etsy.
Dictionary bunting purchased here. 
Limited edition Dr. Suess print from Green Eggs and Ham, from a close friend.
Quinn's first bank, from our friend Danielle.  


My first attempt at pom pom bunting. It could be better, but it could also be worse. 


Shanti. You can find either her or Sneaky taking up residence on one of the many comfy padded spots in the room. 
This hat box is already full of so many loving gifts from our friend Lauren, of Curly Hair Conspiracy. We are so lucky to have her skill, and she is so lucky to have the cutest muse ever!


xx.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers